Saturday, October 8, 2011

1st day going to Ukraine


Ok, I always try to psyche myself up that the plane ride to Europe. Ugh! It is not fun. Thank God after 6 hours my body went on auto shut off. I had a one hour delay total and it was fine. The people I traveled with were very nice and some families. No problems at all.

At Ukraine immigration they are very cool and no hassle. Again, no problems. I was greeted by Ilona and Sergey with an amazing bouquet of flowers. We then went and had coffee and talked for a couple hours. As you already know, me and my husband adore Serg but Ilona is just wonderful. I absolutely LOVE her. She is sweet and amazing and you can see it when she talks, a wife and mother. She is a very intelligent woman who you can see does hosting from the heart. She knows what she is doing and I have a huge amount of respect for her. We talked and talked and it was great catching up with her. I can’t say enough about her.

Serg went and got me groceries and then they took me to my cute little apartment. By this time Serg was getting antsy because Ilona and I would not stop talking :0). Here are some photos of the apartment. It was clean, nice, and just perfect. Serg showed me the password for the internet but I had issues with it so I am writing in Word and will move it over to blog when I can connect. Oh they also gave me a phone and I buy these little cards and just add money as needed. The cards are called "Life" and they are sold everywhere.

I got my list of orphanages. I am now up to eight…maybe nine. Serg shakes his head…lol.

So all is good on my first days. Off to the orphanages tomorrow. The first one is 200 miles away so until then. …

1 comment:

  1. Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free. Cheap Flights to Kuala Lumpur

    ReplyDelete